Friday, June 1, 2012

GW Arcane Ruins



 I had bought and put together the GW Arcane Ruins last year but hadn't finished them. I was glad i didn't because with my success in the GW Temple of Skulls, i wanted to go to square one.
 
Here's what i had done.
 As you can see, it lacked depth and detail. The light green skulls was far too predictable.
 I sprayed over everything I had done with Krylon Flat Black.
 Heavily drybrushed with dark dollar store grey, like in the GW Temple of Skulls project.
 The depth is popping out now.
Here it is after drybrushing with a lighter shade of dollar store grey.
 
Everything seems better and details pop out more organically.
Next i'll base them on MDF for the main part of the temple and old R/W CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts