Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gottacon 2014 - Sunday

 So on Sunday at Gottacon 2014, I played a quick little card game called Love Letter. It is a quick (15 minutes or so) card gamethat is definitly one to have as a breather between other games or when yu are waiting for everyone to show up to the main event. The lady who taught the game also went through the basics of another one called Rise of Augustus. I liked the concept and speed at which it could be played that I bought one at the convention from Curious Comics's booth.
The Victoria Lego Users Group was here, or VicLUG for short. They are a group of people who expound on the joy and learning that can be had with Lego, including Lego combat. Always fun to see and always makes me realize that I need to take the Lego out of my basement and play with it once in a while.
 The video games were here in force with their tooled up consoles or laptops.
Local video game companies were also here to show and sell their wares.

After the Love Letter game and walking around I played in the Sunday Malifaux tournament. Although I lost two and won one it was a big hoot to play. I have been leaning more to Malifaux over Warmachine for this fun factor.

Lastly I picked up some more Malifaux miniatures from Dice Bag Games' stall and called it a day. A great event weekend and will be back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts