Friday, August 22, 2014

Mercenaries - Steelhead Halberdiers

In order to have a better unit to delay the enemy forces from my fragile unit, it was suggested I get something cheap and effective...Steelhead Halberdiers! So far they are indeed effective, when moved in ranks to provide a layered curtain of defence. They are also working well in my Cygnar Constance Blaze lists when she is a mercenary caster. These guys will also be effective when I dive into the non-Rhulic Mercenary faction in depth in a few years (2018 at my current rate of three casters per year with at least 15 games played with each one).
I primed them with Krylon black flat. Then P3 Cryx Bane Highlight then drybrushed with P3 Cold Steel as i'm experimenting with a more greyer armour than shiny metal. I think it turned out very well. P3 Battledress Green with a drybrush of P3 Wurm Green and a lighter drybrush of P3 Necrite Green for the padding.
Faces were painted with P3 Khardic Flesh, then drybrushed with P3 Midlund Flesh. The halberd join at the blade was painted with GW Tin Bitz. The leather parts were painted with P3 Bootstrap Leather then drybrushed with P3 Rucksack Tan. The haft of the halberd was done with P3 Battlefield Brown. Then the whole model was washed with GW Devlan Mud. Eventually i'll paint the second unit the same colours then decide the different colours I want for their shoulder pads, that I didn't put on these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts