Friday, September 5, 2014

Guildball Pitch

I've been using a three by three felt mat of a beige colour for my Guildball games. No more. Here is how I made a soccer field inspired pitch.

For this project I used: Dark Green Felt at least three by three feet in size, fabric pencil, craftsman ruler (three feet in length) and yellow fabric paint. For the "Icy Sponge" sidelines I used lighter green felt.
First I took my uber large dark green felt and put it on a flat surface.
Then I used a fabric pencil and measured a three by three area.
Then I drew in multiple lines and circles. The two end circles are centred and the edge in by six inches, and is for the goals. The two lines are ten inches in, which is the limit of the deployment zone. The centre line is exactly that plus I made the circle in the middle to make it more soccer-like.
I also had an idea for "Icy Sponge" sidelines. These can be used to keep track of healing over the turns players are out of action. I started with the felt and measured a rectangle segmented into boxes.
Then I drew in the numbers and letters.
Next came the fabric paint. This is cheap dollar store paint.
After the first application I used old newspaper to pat the excess off. Ensure you use a new area of the newspaper each time you pat! Otherwise you'll get a felt painting rather than a pitch.
This is the first application. A little light. I waited  a few days for it to dry before reapplicating it.
This is after two applications.
The darker yellow lines really stand out!
Same for the sidelines.
Time to play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts