Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Gottacon 2015

Gottacon 2015 took place in the same hotel as last year, the Victoria Conference Centre attached to the Fairmount Empress. I had a great time overall and bumped into a lot of gaming friends from near and far.
The good thing, regarding food, was that there was several food trucks this year nearby. The bad thing about the food trucks is that you couldn't bring the food purchased there into the convention space.
The dealers space was on the main floor of Crystal Gardens, across from the main convention centre. The board and miniature gaming was located on the upper level.

Included with the dealers were many local organizations, such as the SCA and Heroes Inc.

My first and only Friday event was a doubles tournament for Malifaux with short timed games and no more than three models and 25 soulstones per team member. Very fun and good to see the same players and a few new ones.

After Malifaux, since we ended early, I went to the Nerdesque show by Geekenders called Star Wars: A Nude Hope. For those of age, here is a trailer. They are hilarious and have some good acting chops. An excellent parody.




Saturday had myself and a friend demo a game called Guildball. We participated in the kickstarter and the final product is due to ship soon. We had many interested people asking about it but only one had the time for a demo. We also met someone in town who also participated in the kickstarter. The intention is to conduct more demos around town.



 

This fantastic Warmachine Cygnar Stormwall caught my eye. What a great and unique paint scheme!

I also played a boardgame called Kingsport Festival. It is a Lovecraft mythos themed game in which you are cult leaders trying to get the biggest and best cult by gaining power and expanding your influence.

AFter supper I played the Malifaux role playing game, Through the Breach. I really liked the character creation and we had a great bunch of roleplayers that made the experience even better. I might pick this one up.

On Sunday, the only event I participated in was the day's Malifaux Tournament. I had two great games. I won one and lost one. This is another reason why I like this game because if its still fun losing then you have a great thing on your hands. Here is the crew I lost against. Great paint job! I ran a Perdita crew.

Well, i'll be back next year. Great fun and great gaming friends. For a smattering of the costumes of Gottacon 2015, head to my normal life blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts