Sunday, July 5, 2015

Ghordson Earthbreaker

The Ghordson Earthbreaker is the largest Privateer Press model I have put together. I have used the base of it as a proxy in ten games with friends but now it can intimidate the battlefield better now that it is no longer is stealth-ed and incorporeal. Using him with Thor Steinhammer has been magnificent but I think having a mechanic or two (a Tinker and Moonclaw) would enable him to remain on the battlefield longer.
I have my partially painted General Ossum in front for size comparison.
Here he is bare bones. I used JB quickweld for putting it together but left the head unglued in it so I can have it leer in the direction of unwanted attention.
 Then I primed him black and heavily drybrushed him with P3 Cold Steel. The brown stuff you see on the model is Marmite, a disgusting yeast spread. It also prevents paint from sticking to it. More on that later.
 Then I sprayed it with a tan color and drybrushed it with Hammerfall Khaki, lightly drybrushed the upper details with 50/50 Hammerfall Khaki and Menoth White and the lower areas with Gun Coprs Brown. The red areas were done with Skorne Red and drybrushed with Khador Red Highlight.
 As you can see, it looks glopped on.
 Same for the joints and the details are lost...but wait.
After brushing with an old toothbrush in a bucket of warm water the Marmite comes off and leaves the bare P3 Cold Metal underneath. Now I have that worn and battle damaged look.

I used this for my Warhammer 40k 20's Gangster Ork Trukk and was happy about it then and am happy about it now.
I then used some nupastel from Prismacolor on the work areas for a rust effect then put too much Army Painter Dark Tone wash on.


Soon I will put a protective coating on the model to prevent further flaking over time. he main thing I would change is less wash!

Now onto the few Rhulic I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark

Horizon Wars: Midnight Dark is a miniature agnostic skirmish ruleset that can be used for any small scale miniatures. The setting is near t...

Popular Posts